Freelance Writer. Photographer. Communications Coordinator.
In nine years as a music writer I have built a community as ‘Girl Underground Music’ and followed the local music scene closely.
Through GUM, I have booked events, partnered with like-minded organizations, and created opportunities for independent artists.
I am a WordPress aficionado! I have blogged for years and transferred those skills to nonprofit organizations, creating help desk articles and participant user guides. I have also created press kits for artists, primarily writing their bios for EPK’s.
My portfolio mainly showcases various projects created throughout my music writing career. Personal projects, interviews, and portraits will also be featured.
- Technical Writing: Assisted small businesses from Covid aftermath and wrote Supplemental Petitions to request relief, 2022
- Contributed to the development and creation of user guides in (3) languages for Family, Friends, Neighbors Stipend for Los Angeles County, 2022
- Raised $150 to create “care packages” for Angel Step Inn, 2019
- Benefit Show: Raised over $500 for Young Center for Immigration Children, 2018
- Benefit Show: Raised over $200 in new merchandise to support Downtown Los Angeles Women’s Center, 2017
Interview with José Pasillas II of Incubus for EARMILK.
sobhhï interview for Live Nation’s Ones to Watch.
My name is Janette Ayub and I am a freelance music writer within the Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley. I originally started as an on-air disc jockey for the local non-commercial radio station, 88.7 F.M. KSPC, and simultaneously paired my show with a music blog, Girl Underground Music.
I have contributed to outside publications due to my general love of music, and have been featured on sites such as EARMILK, LADYGUNN, and Live Nation’s ‘One’s to Watch.’ My poetry has also been published in the “Latino Book Review” Magazine for the February, 2020 edition.
Aside from freelance work, I have worked in marketing and communications for many nonprofit organizations.
I also crochet and make sweaters for tiny, cold animals.